Big Developments happening at the Namelok School!
(Scroll Down for Kiswahili version)
Napokie and our partners BeSomeoneNYC have secured the funding for an entire school system in the village of Terrat in Simanjiro. The incredible organization Building Bridges Worldwide will be putting up the costs for the school along with the launching of several income-generating projects to ensure the Namelok School’s future sustainability! We need to give a huge thanks to our partners BeSomeoneNYC who have been putting in work and making things happen in NYC!
The construction of the school will begin in July and completed in August. In just several months, our Community Director, Nasinyari Marko, will finally reach her dream of establishing a self-sufficient school system for the children in her community of Terrat.
You can keep updated with these developments through our website/blog: http://www.napokie.com
How our supporters can help:
If anyone is interested in participating in any of the developments listed below, please email us at email@example.com
1. We will be organizing a two week trip to Tanzania in August for volunteers who want to assist with the completion of the school’s construction. Volunteers will be working alongside the Terat community and will experience the excitement and wonder of the Maasai culture while getting to know the community and children. This is an incredible opportunity for anyone who would like to be part of a formative and vital moment for community development in the Maasai land of Simanjiro.
2. IN NYC? So are we! Jaclynn Chiodini, Co-Founder and Coordinating Director of the Napokie Foundation, is currently residing in NYC and working directly with volunteers from BeSomeoneNYC to cement the logistics and funds to launch this incredible development for the Namelok School. IN TANZANIA? We are currently building a team of volunteers in-field in Tanzania to work with Nasinyari and community members with the initial planning stages for the school and income-generating projects. SOMEWHERE ELSE ON THE GLOBE? If you are anywhere else in the world and want to participate in the planning stages of the school and peripheral projects, please feel free to contact us. Napokie has a team of global volunteers and supporters so interested individuals from around the world are encouraged to contact us and we can discuss how you can be involved.
3. Income-generating ideas. Any individual who is interested in discussing ideas for income-generating projects to sustain the school system, please contact us! We are more than happy to work with creative and innovative ideas from anyone who has experience with sustainable social enterprises and community development in rural regions — or just someone with a great idea! Send us an email and we can talk!
Kuna Maendeleo Makubwa kwa shule ya Namelok! Napokie na washirika wetu wa BeSomeoneNYC tumepokea michango wa kutosha tujenge mfumo mzima wa shule kwa kijiji cha Terrat katika Simanjiro! Chama hiki kinaitwa Building Bridges Worldwide. Watu wa Building Bridges Worldwide wameamua kufadhili ujenzi wa shule pamoja na bei za kuanza kwa programu zingine za kutoa fedha ili tuhakikishe kwamba Namelok itadumisha kwa baadaye. Tunapenda kutoa shukurani kwa wasaidizi wa BeSomeoneNYC. Wamefanya kazi sana tufike hiyo mafanikio!
Tutanza ujenzi wa shule mwezi wa saba, na tutamaliza ujenzi mwezi wa nane. Baada ya miezi michache, mkuu wetu wa jamii ya Terrat kwenye Napokie Foundation, Nasinyari Marko, atafika ndoto yake ya kuwa na mfumo mzima ya shule anayeweza kudumisha peke yake na msaada ya jamii yake.
Jijumlishe kuhusu maendeleo yetu kwenye website ya Napokie: www.napokie.com
Ukitaka kutusaidia na vitendo vyo vyote vya ordha ya chini, tafadhali tutumie ujumbe kwenye email ya napokie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Tunapanga programu ya kujitolea wiki mbilii ya mwezi wa nane ili wajitolea pamoja na jamii ya Terrat kusaidia na utekelezaji wa ujenzi wa shule. Wajitolea watafanya kazi za muhimu sana pamoja na kuhudhuria jamii na utamaduni wa Maasai. Nafasi hiyo ni nzuri sana kwa watu wo wote wanotaka kutusaidia na kushiriki na utamaduni wa Maasai.
2. UKO NYC? Tupo hapa pia! Mkuu wa Napokie Foundation, Jaclynn Chiodini, sasa anakaa NYC na anafanya kazi na washirika wa BeSomeoneNYC ili tupange haraka hiyo maendeleo. UKO TANZANIA? Tunaumba kundi la wajitolea kutusaidia kijijini na Nasinyari na jamii. UKO MAHALI PENGINE DUNIANI? Ni sawa! Bado unaweza kutusaidia! Napokie ina kundi la wasaidizi kutoka duniani. Kwa hiyo kama una wazo au ujuzi kuhusu maendeleo ya shule au kuanzia programu za kutoa fedha kwa kudumisha shule, Tujulishe! Watu wanaotaka kutusaidia kupitia njia yo yote, tafadhali tutumie ujumbe kwenye email ya Napokie.
3. Wazo wa programu zingine za kutoa fedha kwa shule. Ukitaka kuongea kuhusu wazo hiyo kudumisha shule tutumie ujumbe. Tunatafuta watu wanao kuwa na ujuzi kuhusu biashara za jamii au maendeleo wa jamii.
Ashee Naling :)